Remember this picture? In light of recent events, there’s a little irony present considering President Bush’s whereabouts when this shot was snapped. He was reading to school children. Few people right-wingers had a problem with a president talking to students then, huh?
We spend a lot of time arguing over frivolous things in this country. But when something tragic happens like 9/11, we tend to rally around each other and our President.
When nearly 3,000 people lose their lives on this day in 2001, we all rushed to rally behind W. But when we lose I-don’t-know-how-many lives throughout a year because American people don’t have health care, we refuse to come together to care for our own?
I’m not saying President Obama’s health care plan will work. But we need to agree that we must do something. We cannot idle our great nation’s engine and yell manure-like mess like “You lie!” at the Commander-in-Chief. That gets us nowhere.
If you haven’t figure it out over the last eight years, America’s biggest problem isn’t Al Qaeda or the Taliban. America’s greatest enemy is America.
Anyway, if you believe in a higher power, pray for the 9/11 victims, the survivors and their families.
The Five Random Questions:
1. Where were you at the morning of 9/11? What were you doing?
2. How do you think history will remember 9/11?
3. Jay-Z dropped the Blueprint III this week. What is your favorite Jay song of all time?
4. What do you think would be an appropriate punishment for Congressman Joe Wilson’s recent outburst?
5. No homer-type stuff here, OK? Who wins the SuperBowl?
And beware if you’re planning on asking a man this question: “Why aren’t we married yet?”
Have a good weekend, y’all.