On Friday, I asked you to name something for which you’re thankful. Everyone gave great, introspective responses. Well, today I thought we’d tinker with that a little bit.
Here are 10 things I would be thankful for if they’d just happen:
1. If somehow we could use Sarah Palin as our test dummy for life on the moon. What? She would be a great astronaut and Ambassador of that space, don’t you think?
2. If people would learn that calling me more than once when it’s not an emergency without me returning your phone call is annoying/rude. It won’t get you a returned call any faster.
3. If insecure clowns would find their own lanes, i.e. twitter feeds, and stay there. I don’t need you in my lane trying to wreck my life. Find a light pole and get comfy.
4. If peace of mind and contentment would be easier for everyone to find.
5. If my eyes were somehow mistaken and the Chiefs’ record were 7-3, not 3-7.
6. A good black romantic comedy hit the theaters, one that could garner some sort of Oscar buzz. Like a black Juno or Sideways.
7. If Brett Favre would start choking so that I can be right. I hate that he’s proving me wrong. Good for him, but he’s in danger of passing Beyonce on my “I dislike you for no good reason” list.
8. If Oprah stopped screaming when she announces people who come on her show or when she gives something away. It scares me.
9. If I could get my hands on a black Friday computer without standing in a Black Friday early morning line at 2 a.m. I refuse to do so because my sanity won’t let me. Neither will the basic principle of opportunity cost. My sleep is too valuable.
10. If people who know me would stop thinking that I’m judging them 24/7. Yes, I’m full of opinion, but I understand and accept that we likely differ on some things. That’s life. That doesn’t mean I respect or think less of you. If I know you, like you and respect you, I don’t have time to judge you. Being judged for real isn’t cool. Trust, I know. Besides, I only frown upon people who are dumb enough to say that they think they’re smarter than you and those who wear sunglasses indoors. And they can’t see my frown anyway. *shrugs*
What new happenings would you be thankful for right now?
Oh yeah, Monica and I both made it on Kansas City’s A-List: 30 Under 30! I know some of y’all clicked the link and cast a few ballots (I made that link big enough, didn’t I?), so thank you, thank you, thank you…you’re far too kind.
We’ll be honored on Thanksgiving night here in the city. Again, thanks for the support.